Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweetest Time Of The Year



Glittery red hearts and Sweetheart Candy gives February a very sweet feeling. For those of us who have a valentine, sweetheart or boo this month can be greatly anticipated. If you are single it could be a dreaded month. However, it doesn't have to be. I can remember when I was in college my friends and I would do secret Valentine or choose a mushy movie and bring candy and make Valentine Baskets. It was quite fun. I grew up in a single parent home and I would be my mother's valentine from time to time.

I believe that we have gotten so wrapped up in the candy and teddy bears that we loose the meaning of Valentine's day which is about love. It does not have to be a romantic love to be valid. You may say sure you can say that because you are married, but today in the mail unexpected I got a card from a friend. I hold this friend dear to my heart and to receive a Valentine's card in the mail from her really made me remember the purpose of this time of year. It is not to make the chocolate makers and jewelry makers more rich, it is time to show our love for each other whether it me mother to daughter, father to son, sister to brother or friend to friend.

Remember that this is the sweetest time of year give out Valentines this year to unexpected people like your mailman, the corner store owner, or your child's teacher.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment